Thinking about a trip to the Eternal City? Here are some of my top places to see and things to do in Rome.
- Vatican museums -Hello Gorgeous! There is nothing more marvelous than the site of St. Peters Cathedral and the Sistine Chapel. Furthermore, get a guide! We learned so much and it was if history was unfolding right before our eyes.
- Santa Maria Maggoire –Gorgeous church off Via Cavour. The church dates back to the 5th Look up as not to miss the beautiful paintings along the giant corridor.
- Coliseum –Another classic spot. Make sure to take the tour. Its much more exciting to hear about the cheering crowds and gladiators from an actual Roman than reading about it before you come.
- Trevi Fountain – Legend says if you throw a coin in this fountain that you will surely return to Rome in the future. Plus, Fendi did their fall 2016 show there…Kendall Jenner walked on water!
- Pantheon – Magical at night when the lights are low and you can see the stars through the hole in the dome.
- Piazza Navona – Beautiful square(piazza) that has a magnificent fountain and is filled with artists, cafes and shops.
- Villa Borghese – Beautiful estate and priceless art collected by, you guessed it, the Borghese family.
- Santa Maria Novella -Only my favorite Italian brand of all time. Every since my first trip to Italy, I have been kind of obsessed with Santa Maria Novella and their beautifully scented soaps and divine parfums. Stop by the Roman branch of the store for a slice of heaven. My favorite is Lily of the valley eau de parfum.
- Baths of Diocletian – built in honor of Co-Emperor Diocletian in the year 298. Today its a museum where you can see magnificent statutes and whimsical wall hangings from the baths. I am, apparently, semi-obsessed with this idea of public baths across different cultures.
- Hotel Massimo D’Azeglo – charming little hotel built in the 19th century near city center. I stayed here on my 2015 trip to Rome and it was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and professional. Our rooms were beautiful with spacious bathrooms. The breakfast was fantastic and even my mother (picky eater) was happy.